Assistant caretakers sought for Rotoroa Island
25th September 2012
The Rotoroa Island Trust is seeking a couple to fill the
positions of Assistant Caretakers, to work for the Managers living
on the Island and assist them with the daily running of
You will need to have a passion for conservation and the
outdoors, take pride in your surroundings and have a high level of
fitness and be comfortable about living in an isolated
There are two distinctive roles and skill requirements.
POSITION 1: FULL TIME
This role involves:
- The releasing of specimen trees from weeds and re-vegetation
plant growth and the use of sprays.
- Knowledge of NZ Natives and weeds
- General grounds and building maintenance.
- Have a personable and outgoing nature, as you will be dealing
with the public
Work days are generally Monday to Friday; however some weekend
work will be required from time to time.
POSITION 2: PARTIAL FULL TIME
Full time from 1st October to 30 April. Part time during the
winter months (1 May to 31 September), with a minimum of 20 hours
work. This role involves:
- Housekeeping of our guest houses, a high standard of cleaning
and presentation is required to maintain them at their Qualmark 4*
plus rating. We also have contractor housing and public
facilities that are maintained to a very high standard.
- Running of the Island's laundry
- Have a personable and outgoing nature and comfortable in
dealing with the public as you will be required to meet the ferry
and give a warm welcome and briefing to our visitors.
- Some grounds and building maintenance
Work days are Monday to Friday plus every alternate weekend. A
fully furnished house will be provided and remuneration is subject
A more detailed description of these duties is available here.
Interested applicants should email their joint CV's and any
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org